Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hydrogen Peroxide... Am I crazy?

I have been so lethargic and dumpy lately and I can't seem to shake it...

Even more worrisome:  I have a rash on my chest that will not go away...

It's not entirely scary, I've had chest/skin problems for almost 10 years now.  They started up when I was about 19 years old and manifested as small white round dots and seemed to come and go.  Lately, I've been noticing that they are becoming raised and red and a little itchy.  WTF?  What is wrong with me?

I've suffered the white dots ("suffered" is my way of saying my vanity was affected) for years and now they are starting to bother me.  I've been to doctors who have been stumped by it.  I had taken a couple of rounds of antibiotics which never worked and some have suggested it's vitiligo (what Michael Jackson had) but the pigment will tan and flake off white, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.

I've done a little digging on my own and discovered that it *may* be related to a Candida problem.  From what I understand, having a Candida problem means that the yeast in your intestines and other parts of your body has gotten out of control.  The symptoms are hard to pin on Candida so it goes relatively undiagnosed or mis-treated with antibiotics (which make the problem worse). 

So I gets to thinking...  These dots showed up after a particularly sickly time in my life.  A time when I had strep throat and other infections that required antibiotics frequently..  Hmmmm, me thinks I might be onto something.

Well, how does one correct a Candida problem?  Simple, you remove everything that could possibly be enjoyable from your diet for 6 months to a year and hope it goes away...  Well maybe not that simple, but I really think I eat pretty healthy, I know that I am fanatical about cooking and preparing organic (as much as possible) and healthy food with loads of veggies and whole grains.  My only indulgence is wine.

I found an alternative remedy and I'm starting this morning.  Hydrogen Peroxide.  Sounds scary right?  I must admit I was a little apprehensive about starting this, but I digress.  Let me explain how this "therapy" works:

Step 1: You need to start with 35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide.  I eventually found a 2 litre (what am I going to do with 2 litres?!) bottle at a health food store downtown.  Last one in town apparently.  Once you have purchased and acquired said peroxide you are ready to begin step 2

Step 2: In the morning, before you have eaten anything, you add *ONE* drop of Hydrogen Peroxide to a glass of *DISTILLED* water and drink.  Wait an hour before you eat anything.

And that's it.  Apparently you are supposed to increase your dosage from one drop on day one to two drops on day two and so on and so forth until you reach a maximum of ten drops or your comfort level (I've read that most people balance out at 7 drops) and continue the therapy until your candida conditions go away.

So far I'm at day 1, 5 hours after taking the initial dosage and I haven't gone blind.  No throwing up or convulsions, nothing yet.

1 comment:

  1. Just found you on the nest. You could also take probiotics, they can be found in any health food store/vitamin shop. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete